MA0003 Brukerkurs i matematikk for informatikere - Høsten 2013
- There will be a total of 12 homework assignments throughout the semester, of which at least 8 must be approved for you to take the exam. It is your responsibility to keep track of this. Please contact us if there is a problem (for example, if you are missing 3-4 homework assignments) so that we can find a solution before it is too late.
- Each exercise set will consist of five exercises. Additional "suggested" exercises will be assigned, but these will not be collected. It is strongly recommended that you do as many additional exercises as possible to prepare for the exam.
- The exercises are mainly taken from textbooks and related curriculum covered in lecture.
- Exercise sets must be submitted for approval. You must get at least 60% on an assignment for it to be approved. Submitted exercise sets will be corrected by teaching assistants.
- All students are required to sign up for a recitation session. The purpose of these sessions is to make sure you understand how to do the homework assignments. Because of this, there is no reason why you should not be able to get all homework sets approved.
- Use recitation sessions with teaching assistants wisely! Make sure to try all exercises before attending your session. If there is something you don't understand from the homework, have questions ready to ask your teaching assistant.
- You may work in groups, but each person must submit their own exercise sets.
Submitting homework assignments
Assignments must be submitted for approval. You can submit an assignment either in recitation, or you can submit assignments by submitting them in the appropriate boxes in room 370B, in the area called nordre lavblokk. You can reach nordre lavblokk from the third floor of Sentralbygg 2. Homework assignments should be submitted by 11:00 a.m. on Saturdays at the latest.
Time and places for recitation sessions
Recitation sessions will tentatively take place at the time and places listed below. This is not a final list and will be updated throughout the first week of classes. You are required to choose a session for homework submission purposes. However, if you can successfully do the homework, you need not attend the recitation session for that week.
|Set||Week||Book||Chapter||Required Exercises||Suggested Exercises||Solutions|
|Bittinger||2.2||9, 19||1-31, 35-46|
|Bittinger||2.3||23, 38||24-32, 37-44, 47-52|
|Bittinger||2.7||6,33,44||1-5,14, 34, 46|
|Bittinger||3.2||23, 54||1-16, 23-34, 49-74|
|Required exercises||Optional exercises||Solutions to Optional exercises|
|7||42||Bittinger||4.1||1, 11, 31, 37||1-46||lf7.pdf|
|Bittinger||4.6||1, 28||1 - 39|
|9||44||Bittinger||5.3||2, 24||1 - 24||lf9.pdf|
|Bittinger||5.7||7, 9, 30||1 - 31|
|10||45||Lay||1.1||1||2 - 4, 11 - 14||lf10.pdf|
|Lay||1.2||7, 10||8, 9, 11 - 14|
|Lay||1.3||1, 9, 13||2 - 6, 10, 11 - 21|
|11||46||Lay||1.4||1, 11||2 - 10, 12 - 16||lf11.pdf|
|Lay||1.8||2, 9||1, 3-8, 10-16|
|Lay||1.9||1||2 - 12|
|12||47||Lay||2.1||1, 2||9, 10||lf12.pdf|
|Lay||2.2||1, 2||3-6, 7a|
|Lay||2.7||2||3 - 8|