MA0003 Brukerkurs i matematikk for informatikere - Høsten 2013
The course description can be found in the student handbook here.
The primary textbooks for the course are:
- Calculus and its applications, 10. edition, by M.L. Bittinger, D. J. Ellenboken, S. Surgent
- Lineære ligninger og matriser, by D.C.Lay (compiled by Ole Enge, 2004)
The following textbooks may be used throughout the semester. They are available FREE online through the university library.
- Matematisk formelsamling, by Karl Rottmann
Tentative Reading List
We will attempt to cover the following chapters from each textbook.
Bittinger et.al (10. edition):
- R.1, R.2, R.3, R.4, R.5
- All of chapter 1
- 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.7
- 3.1, 3.2, 3.5
- 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6
- 5.3, 5.6, 5.7
- 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.8, 1.9
- 2.1, 2.2, 2.7
As is often the case, we may not get to all chapters. For more accurate information, refer to the course schedule.
- Final Exam: Counts for 80/100
- Exam date: 20.12.2013 at 9.00.
- Location: Will be announced here.
- Support materials: Code C: Specified printed and hand-written support materials are allowed. A specific basic calculator is allowed.
- Rottmann: Matematisk formelsamling
- One yellow A4-sized sheet stamped Institutt for matematiske fag, on which you can write as much as you like by hand on both sides. The sheet will be distributed during lecture the last week of class, or at the department office, 7. floor in Sentralbygg 2.
- Simple calculator: Citizen SR-270X, Citizen SR-270X College or Hewlett Packard HP30S.
- Homework assignments must be accepted for you to be allowed to take the final exam.
- Remember to bring identification!
- The exam is optional, and will count for 20/100 if it improves your grade. Otherwise, the final exam will count for 100/100.
- The exam will take place during class on 08.10.2013. Be sure to be there early so the exam can start on time.
Students with Disabilities
If you have a disability or a special need that requires some accomodation, you must apply for this accomodation. If this applies to you, click here for information about applying. The deadline for applications is September 15. Your application must be approved before we will make any accomodations.