- Eldar Straume, room 1250 Sentralbygg 2. eldars [at] math [dot] ntnu [dot] no
- Thursday 12:15-14:00, room K27.
- Friday 8:15-10:00, room R92.
- Torsdag 14:15-15:00, rom R 80 (Realfagsbygget, D5). Gjeld 3 og 10 april (siste to veker!)
- J.M. Lee, Introduction to Smooth manifolds, Springer-Verlag.ekstern
The external link gives the Second Edition (2013),so we shall use this as the main reference.The first edition (2003) has essentially the same contents, but is organized differently.
We may occationally make use of texts/exercises in other books, see below. In particular, the following can be useful for the student as a supplementary text, since it is perhaps more elementary and not so concise on certain topics. It is also freely accessible on the web :
- Bjørn Dundas, Differential Topology. Version January 2013
Alternative books and additional literature
- M.Spivak, A comprehensive Introduction to Differential Geometry, Vol.1. Publish or Perish.
- A.A. Kosinski, Differential Manifolds. With a New Appendix by J.W. Morgan on the Work of Grigory Pererman, Dover Publications, 2007.
- T.Bröcker, K.Jänich, Introduction to differential topology, Cambridge Univ. Press, 1982.
- F. Brickell,R.S.Clark, Differentiable manifolds, Van Nostrand Reinhold, London 1970
- W.M. Boothby, An introduction to differentiable manifolds and Riemannian geometry, Academic Press, 1975.
- J. R.Munkres, Analysis on manifolds, Westview Press 1991
- J. Milnor, Topology from the differentiable viewpoint, The University Press of Virginia,1969
- Guillemin and Pollack, Differential Topology, Prentice Hall, 1974 (eller nyare)
- Per Holm, Differensialformer og mangfoldigheter, http://www.math.uio.no/~pholm/mangfold.html
- Jon Reed og Per Holm, Topologiske rom et cetera , http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/math/MAT4500/h04/undervisningsmateriale/pensumliste.xml
Note. The recent edition of Kosinski's book (see above) is also interesting because of the new appendix on Perelman's work and the Poincare conjecture.
- Fredag 30 mai 2014.