TMA4195 Mathematical Modelling - Fall 2013
Welcome to TMA4195 !
- Happy new year!
- Project grades and (very brief) comments
- see 'Modeling Project' in the left menu.
- Week 47 (last week of teaching!)
- we looked at previous relevant exam problems,
- Exam 2009: Problem 3; Exam 2010: Problem 1,2,3; Exam 2011: Problem 4.
- Final curriculum
- See 'Curriculum' under 'General information' in the left menu.
- Exam language:
- English only (lectures and all written material has been in English).
You may answer in English or Norwegian as you like.
- All slides of 2013 can be found here.
- Lecture notes on Boundary value problems for conservations laws posted under 'Notes' in the left menu.
- Project registration deadline today!!! You must register to take the project.
- Week 39: Self-study of population models
- Read chapter on Dynamic Population Models in compendium.
- Extra homework problems in Exercise 6.
- Relevant for the exam …
- Compendium available at math. department (IMF) office at 7th floor SB2.
- Learning outcome for the course, check Course Description.
Solving exercises is an integral part of this course! Make sure that you do the homework problems.
- Problem sets will be available Wedensdays before the problem session - or earlier.
- Solutions will be available Fridays after problem session.
- 15.10.: Review the solution of the heat equation using Fourier transform
- e.g. Kreyszig Advanced Engineering Mathematics 9th ed. sec. 12.6
- 7.10.: Read section 3.2 in Krogstad: Models based on conservation principles (see compendium or online)
- 18.9.: Read slides on quencing reaction (see 'Notes' in left menu)
- 6.9.: Read chp. 8 in Lin and Segel (see compendium)
- Read slides on kidney modeling (see 'Notes' in left menu)
- For next week: Read if necessay about linear ODEs, critical points and stability (Kreyszig (9th ed.) chp. 4.3-4.5).
|08:15 - 09:00|
|09:15 - 10:00|
|10:15 - 11:00|
|11:15 - 12:00|
|12:15 - 13:00||Lecture EL4|
|13:15 - 14:00|
|14:15 - 15:00||Lecture F6|
|15:15 - 16:00|
|16:15 - 17:00||Exercises F6 (B1 in weeks 39-43)|
|17:15 - 18:00|