MA2501 Numerical Methods
Welcome to all of you who have signed up for this course.
Course lecturer: Trond Kvamsdal
|18.01||Welcome to the web page for MA2501 Numerical methods. The first assignment is available - see Excercises.|
Course description: See menu at the left.
Lectures and exercises
- Wednesday 09:15 - 12:00 in S7
- Thursday 12:15 - 14:00 in Nullrommet
- Project guidance, week 11-17: Friday 12:15 - 14:00 in Room 1356, Sentralbygg II
- Trond Kvamsdal
Office 1344, Sentralbygg II
Trond [dot] Kvamsdal [at] math [dot] ntnu [dot] no (use MA2501 in the subject line)
Text book and other teaching material
- Supplementary notes
See 'Curriculum' in the left menu. Be aware that changes might apply during the semester. The lecture plan will be updated weekly during the semester. Exercises and solutions will be part of the curriculum.
- Time: 16.05.2017, kl. 09:00-13:00.
- Examination aid C: Specified, written and handwritten examination support materials are permitted. A specified, simple calculator is permitted.
- Permitted written aids: W. Cheney and D. Kincaid, Numerical Analysis and Computing (7th Edition), Brooks/Cole Cengage Lerarning (2013).
Evaluation system and marking in this course
- The project counts for 30 % of the final mark. The final exam counts for 70 %.
- Note that if you do not hand in the project you will be able to get a final result of 70/100 maximum, that is at most the mark C.
- You get credit only for project work made during this semester.
- The total mark is the only official mark for the course. The marking of the project which will be published on these webpages is nonoffcial, and can not be referred to during a complaint.