TMA 4195 Mathematical Modeling - Fall 2010
- Merry Christmas and Happy new year!
- Aids on the exam: Rottman Matematisk formelsamling and approved calculator.
- The final curriculum is available. See "General Information".
- Grades and comments for the projects can be found under "Modeling Project"
- Office hours:
|16.12.||10:00-11:00||F2||Espen and Kjartan|
|17.12.||14:15-16:00||F2||Espen and Kjartan|
- No office hours monday 20.12., but students having an exam on 18.12. can come and see me in my office anyway.
- (18.11.) Presentations on Friday:
- Schedule ready, see "Modeling Project".
- Best presentation: Each group vote for one other group. Counts toward the grades.
- Email slides (PDF) to me on Thursday (or bring a memory stick/usb disk on Friday)
- Groups that email me their slides will give their presentation before the other groups.
- Harald Krogstad will replace me 27.09. - 01.10.
- Repeat if necessary theory of ODEs: Separable equations, homogeneous solutions to 2nd order ODEs, the method of undetermined coefficients for inhomogeneous ODEs.
- Repeat if necessary phase-plane analysis of systems of ODEs.
Students who do not know this can consult Kreyszig: Advanced Engineering Mathematics (9th edition) chp. 4.3-4.5 (3.3-3-5 in 8th ed.)
- (30.08.) Lecture note is now for sale for 100 NOK at IMF office.
|08:15 - 09:00||Lecture|
|09:15 - 10:00|
|10:15 - 11:00||Lecture|
|11:15 - 12:00|
|12:15 - 13:00|
|13:15 - 14:00|
|14:15 - 15:00||Exercises|
|15:15 - 16:00|