- Eldar Straume, rom 1250 Sentralbygg 2. Eldar [dot] Straume [at] math [dot] ntnu [dot] no
- Monday 10:15-12:00, room MA21.
- Thursday 14:15-16:00, room F4.
- Tuesday 16:15-17:00, room F3. First time Jan.18.
- D. Barden & C. Thomas, An Introduction to Differential Manifolds, Imperial College Press
- B. Dundas , see below. In practice, we have been following this book rather than Barden &Thomas, because the latter book became available at the book store very late, and it is more advanced and too brief on many topics.
Alternative books and additional literature
- Bjørn Dundas, Differential Topology. Gratis tilgjengeleg
- M.Spivak, A comprehensive Introduction to Differential Geometry, Vol.1. Publish or Perish.
- A.A. Kosinski, Differential Manifolds. With a New Appendix by J.W. Morgan on the Work of Grigory Pererman, Dover Publications, 2007.
- J.M. Lee, Introduction to Smooth manifolds, Springer-Verlag.
- T.Bröcker, K.Jänich, Introduction to differential topology, Cambridge Univ. Press, 1982.
- F. Brickell,R.S.Clark, Differentiable manifolds, Van Nostrand Reinhold, London 1970
- W.M. Boothby, An introduction to differentiable manifolds and Riemannian geometry, Academic Press, 1975.
- J. R.Munkres, Analysis on manifolds, Westview Press 1991
- J. Milnor, Topology from the differentiable viewpoint, The University Press of Virginia,1969
- Guillemin and Pollack, Differential Topology, Prentice Hall, 1974 (eller nyare)
- Per Holm, Differensialformer og mangfoldigheter, http://www.math.uio.no/~pholm/mangfold.html
- Jon Reed og Per Holm, Topologiske rom et cetera , http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/math/MAT4500/h04/undervisningsmateriale/pensumliste.xml
Note. The recent edition of Kosinski's book (see above) is also interesting because of the new appendix on Perelman's work and the Poincare conjecture
- Thursday, 9 June, 2011.