MA8702: Advanced modern statistical methods
The course will give a theoretical and methodological introduction and discussion of modern statistical methods.
- Part I
- Recursions for hidden discrete Markov chains (contact me for the lecture notes)
- Part II
- Part III. The contents of this part will be discussed by the participants of the course, and may contain topics like
- Stochastic spline models (?)
- Geostatistical models and Gaussian Markov random fields (?)
- +++ (?)
Good knowledge and interest in (computational) statistics. Its possible to do this course in parallel with TMA4300 Computer intensive statistical methods.
- Jan 7: First lecture 14/2.
- Jan 29: No lecture thursday 4/2.