MA3201 Rings and modules
- 27.11: The regularly scheduled final exam is tomorrow (Wednesday, 28th November) 9:00-13:00. I will come around to everyone starting at about 10:00 to see if you have questions for clarification on the exam. If you have any questions before the exam, feel free to email me!
- 23.11: I will also be available for additional office hours on Monday and Tuesday between 10-11. You can always email with additional questions too!
- 23.11: Solutions to some problem sets as well as additional solutions to old exam problems have been posted (under the "Exam" and "Problem Sessions" pages).
- 9.11: There will be no class on Thursday, 15 Nov. Instead, please find 2 hours to complete Problem Set 10 out of class. On Friday, please be prepared to present problems from Problem set 9.
- 23.10: There will be no class on Friday, 26 Oct. Instead, please find 2 hours to complete Problem Set 8 out of class.
- 31.8: Remember that on Fridays (starting today) we are in room MA24 Grønnbygget.
- 28.8: NEW ROOMS: Every Thursday we will meet in B2 Berg; Every Friday we will meet in MA24 Grønnbygget
- 27.8: If you don't yet have access to the textbook (since bookstore ran out), you can download the pages with problems from textbook under the Problem sessions tab.
- 23.8: First problem set will be presented during first half of class on Thursday 30.8.2018. Please complete Problem Set #1 (listed under "Problem sessions") before this time, and be prepared to present your work in class.
- 22.8: First lecture will be Thursday 23 of August, at 8:15 in R92 Realfagbygget.
- Email: peder.thompson at ntnu dot no
- Office: SBII, room 826
- Thursday, 10:15-11:00, and also by appointment (just send me an email to set up a time to meet).
- Thursday 8:15-10:00, B2 Berg
- Fridays 14:15-16:00, MA24 Grønnbygget
- Portions of some of the lectures will be used as problem sessions.
- Authors: P. B. Bhattacharya, S. K. Jain and S. R. Nagpaul
- Title: Basic Abstract Algebra
- Publisher:Cambridge University Press
- Edition: Second Edition
- ISBN: 0-521-46629-6