Lecturer (and assistant)
- Office: room 902, Sentralbygg 2
- Phone: 735 93695
- Office hours: Tuesday 10-11, Thursday 11-12
- Tuesday 11:15-12 in room B3.
- McDonald & Weiss: A Course in Real Analysis, second edition. This is the official textbook for the class.
- Terence Tao: An introduction to measure theory. It seems that I will be mostly using this book in preparing my notes. I reccommend that you use this book as well. A draft copy is freely available on the author's webpage, click here for the pdf file.
- In the end, since we will not cover the material exactly as in any of these textbooks, you should make an effort to take good notes in class. They will be your most relevant reference for the homework assignments and for the final exam.
- We will cover chapters 1-6 and 8 from the (official) textbook, some concepts in probability theory and the so called Littlewood's three principles of real analysis.
- Nicholas Aidoo nichola [at] stud [dot] ntnu [dot] no
- Ingeborg Gjerde ingebogg [at] stud [dot] ntnu [dot] no
- Erik Jørgensen erijorg [at] stud [dot] ntnu [dot] no
- The final exam will be held on 8 December 2015 at 9:00 and it counts 100% towards your grade for this course.