TMA4225 Foundations of analysis: Fall term 2014
Harald Hanche-Olsen is teaching the class. The lectures are in English.
will appear here in reverse chronological order, i.e., with the newest on top:
- 2015-08-04: The problems and solutions to today's exam can be found on the “Old exams” page.
- 2015-07-15: The continuation exam is on August 4 (official info here).
- 2015-01-18: Grading is (almost) done, and the grades should be available soon.
The solutions have been edited a bit (now at version 1.0).
- 2014-12-18: Finally, today's problems and solutions are available under “old exams” in the left margin.
Sorry about the delay – today has been a day of a thousand interruptions, none of which could wait.
- 2014-12-15: More office hours: Tuesday and Wednesday 14:00–16:00
- 2014-12-12: I will have office hours in the week of the exam: Monday 13:00–15:00 (for sure), and possibly 14:00–16:00 on Tuesday and Wednesday, unless those times collide with some meeting that has not yet been scheduled.
- 2014-11-26: A more detailed syllabus is (at last!) available, see the Course information page.
Information on office hours will appear right here, in Messages.
- 2014-10-23: I have had some questions regarding the syllabus. Roughly speaking, it will cover chapters 1–6 and 8 of the textbook, possibly with some additions from my notes. And possibly also with some (minor) subtractions.
- 2014-10-09: There are two new notes on the Resources page. Today's lecture will be built on those, in part.
- 2014-09-10: I am sufficiently recovered from my cold, so classes will resume as normal.
- 2014-09-08: Today's lecture and exercise class (8 September) are cancelled. The good news is that I do feel a bit better, and expect to be able to lecture again before Thursday.
- 2014-09-07: I have come down with a cold. I am not yet sure if will be well enough to lecture on Monday, and it is too late to get someone else to lecture. I will post an update in the morning.
- 2014-08-22: Eugenia Malinnikova will lecture on Monday (the 25th). I will be back on Thursday.
- 2014-08-21: I have changed my mind about the first exercise that was to happen on 25 August. I am away for a meeting that day – a meeting I could not get out of – and Eugenia Malinnikova will stand in. But under the circumstances, I think it is best to drop the exercises that day. So the first exercise will happen on 1 September instead. Please use the saved time well: I urge you to read up on sections 1.1–1.3 and 2.1–2.4 in the textbook. That looks like a lot, but much of the material should be familiar. Some of it may be less than familiar, and if you let me know, I'll cover the most important bits in later lectures.
- 2014-08-17: On the course information page, I wrote that the first lecture will be three hours, as we will also use the exercise hour for a lecture. However, it appears that a meeting for beginning master students has been scheduled at noon, so perhaps that is not a good idea. We'll decide when we see how many students are affected by this.