Lectures and exercises
- Trond Kvamsdal
Office 1344, SBII
trond [dot] kvamsdal [at] ntnu [dot] no (use TMA4220 in the subject line!)
- Davide Murari, room 1356, Sentralbygg II, Davide [dot] Murari [at] ntnu [dot] no
NB! Please use TMA4220 in the subject heading in your emails.
- A. Quarteroni, Numerical Models for Differential Problems, Springer 2014.
- S. Brenner and L. R. Scott (supplementary) The Mathematical Theory of Finite Element Methods, Springer 2010
- Lecture Notes: These will be made available (afterwards) during the semester
- Monday 13th of December 2021 at 09:00-13:00.
Permitted examination support material: C:
- A. Quarteroni: Numerical Models for Differential Problems, Springer.
- S. Brenner and L. R. Scott: The Mathematical Theory of Finite Element Methods, Springer.
- TMA4220 Lecture Notes Fall 2021 (Front page + 229 pages)
- TMA4220 2021H AFEM (Front page + 43 pages)
- Rottmann: Matematisk formelsamling
- Approved calculator
- Final exam counts for 65%
- One compulsory project counts for 35%
- The project counts 35/100 of the final grade. It is not mandatory, but you will loose these 35 points if it is not done.
- In order to pass the course the exam must be passed separately. The combination of exam and project must be passed as well.