TMA4220 Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations Using Element Methods - Autumn 2015
- Time: 4. December, 09:00–13:00.
- Permitted aids: ONLY a permitted calculator.
- Grading: The project counts 35% and the exam 65% toward the final grade.
- Lecturer: Ulrik Skre Fjordholm
- Office hours: Wednesdays, 10:00-11:00 in my office, room 1150 in SB2
- Exercises: Wednesdays, 16:15-18:00 in S24
- Teaching assistant: Filippo Remonato
We will mostly follow the book Numerical Models for Differential Problems by Alfio Quarteroni (Second Edition, Springer, 2014). A free digital version of the book is available at Springer Link for those with a university IP (e.g., accessed from campus).
As an easy-to-read supporting literature, I can recommend the book Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations by the Finite Element Method by Claes Johnson (Dover Publications). The book is a bit old, but not at all outdated for the purposes of this course.