TMA4195 Mathematical Modelling - Fall 2012
- Continuation exam did take place Monday 12.8.2013.
- There were some differences between the bokmål text and the other texts in problem 6b.
This will be taken into into account so that your grades will not suffer.
- Conservation laws and boundary conditions are not covered in the compendium, but in this separate note.
- Compendium now available at department office (IMF) at 7th floor SB2.
Solving exercises is an integral part of this course! Make sure that you to the homework problems.
- Self-study week 24.09. - 28.09
- Study population models from compendium or online: Population Models.
- Past homework:
- (19.10.) Read about solving the heat equation with the Fourier transform (e.g. Keryszig (9th ed.) chp 12.6)
- (11.10.) Read Krogstad Part 3, section 3.2 Generalizations of the Kinetic Theory
- (21.09.) Read slides on quenching reaction.
- (14.09.) Repeat linear systems of ODEs, equilibrium points, and stability.
If this is new to you, read e.g.Kreyszig (9th edition) chp. 4.3-4.5 (3.3-3-5 in 8th ed.)
- (04.09.) Read the slides on kidney modeling and the chapter 3.3 in part 1 of Krogstad's lecture note.
- (04.09.) Repeat quickly the theory of 2nd order differential equations with constant coefficients including inhomogeneous equations (Mathematics 3 or equivalent).
- (24.08.) Read the 'Content and Idea' page (see left menu)
and in particular Krogstads 2009 presentation on Mathematical Modeling (top of the page)
- Problem sets will be available Fridays before the problem session - or earlier.
- Solutions will be available Mondays after problem session.
|08:15 - 09:00||Lecture F2|
|09:15 - 10:00|
|10:15 - 11:00|
|11:15 - 12:00|
|12:15 - 13:00||Lecture F2|
|13:15 - 14:00|
|14:15 - 15:00|
|15:15 - 16:00|
|16:15 - 17:00|
|17:15 - 18:00|
|18:15 - 19:00||Exercises F2|