- Eldar Straume, room 1250 Sentralbygg 2. eldars [at] math [dot] ntnu [dot] no
- Monday 10:15-12:00, room KJL4.
- Tuesday 12.15-14:00, room MA24.
Office hour Thursday 10.15-11.
- Thursdays 9.15 -10, room R20.
A set of exercises will be given each week. They should be regarded as part of the curriculum, but they are not required to be handed in.
- J.M. Lee, Introduction to Smooth manifolds, Springer-Verlag. The first edition (2003) has essentially the same contents, but is organized differently.
We may occationally make use of texts/exercises in other books, see below. In particular, the following book can be useful for the student as a supplementary text, it is perhaps more elementary but covers much of our topics. It is freely accessible on the web (thanks Bjørn!):
- Bjørn Dundas, Differential Topology. Version January 2013
Alternative books and additional literature
- M.Spivak, A comprehensive Introduction to Differential Geometry, Vol.1. Publish or Perish.
- A.A. Kosinski, Differential Manifolds. With a New Appendix by J.W. Morgan on the Work of Grigory Pererman, Dover Publications, 2007.
- T.Bröcker, K.Jänich, Introduction to differential topology, Cambridge Univ. Press, 1982.
- F. Brickell,R.S.Clark, Differentiable manifolds, Van Nostrand Reinhold, London 1970
- W.M. Boothby, An introduction to differentiable manifolds and Riemannian geometry, Academic Press, 1975.
- J. R.Munkres, Analysis on manifolds, Westview Press 1991
- J. Milnor, Topology from the differentiable viewpoint, The University Press of Virginia,1969
- Guillemin and Pollack, Differential Topology, Prentice Hall, 1974 (eller nyare)
- Thursday 9 June 2016.