The course description, including the learning objectives, schedule, and exam info can be found here.
<schedule> <timeslots>10:15-12:00|16:15-17:00</timeslots> <entry day:Mo start:0 end:0 color:ntnu2>Lecture (F6) </entry> <entry day:Mo start:1 end:1 color:ntnu2>Exercises (F2) </entry> <entry day:Th start:0 end:0 color:ntnu2>Lecture (F6) </entry> </schedule>
- 08.06.2018, 9:00-13:00
- Permitted aids are given by code C:
- The textbook: Nocedal & Wright, Numerical Optimization including Errata (printed versions of the book are perfectly fine).
- The notes "Minimisers of Optimisation Problems", "Basic Properties of Convex Functions", "Convergence of descent methods with backtracking (Armijo) linesearch. Bisection algorithm for weak Wolfe conditions", "Introduction to optimality conditions: Optimality conditions for optimization over convex sets", "Representation theorem for polyhedral sets" (linked from the lecture plan)
- The rules for modifying the textbook are:
- You are not allowed to write anything else than your name anywhere in the book
- You may mark pages with paper marks (lapper) without annotation or by dog-earings (eselører)
- You may mark text in the book by underlining/highlighting it (understreking/overstreking)