Trondheim Symposium in Statistics
The Trondheim Symposium in Statistics is a statistics symposium held around September/October each year by the Statistics group at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, at NTNU.
Below is information about previous symposia:
- 14th TSS in 2022 Invited speakers: Thorsten Dickhaus (University of Bremen), Geir Egil Eide (UiB, Helse-Vest), Valeria Vitelli (OCBE, UiO), Ingrid Måge (Nofima), Magne Aldrin (Norsk Regnesentral).
- 13th TSS in 2021 Invited speakers: Solveig Engebretsen (Norsk Regnesentral), Mollie Elizabeth Brooks, Heine Strand, Pierre Druilhet, Nils Lid Hjort (UiO).
- 12th TSS in 2020 Invited speakers: John S. Tyssedal (NTNU), Claudia Battistin (NTNU), Emily G. Simmonds (NTNU), Jørgen Ødegård, Ingrid Heggland (NTNU).
- 11th TSS in 2019 Invited speakers: Gregor Gorjanc (University of Edinburgh), Sigrunn Holbek Sørby (UiT), Virgilio Gómez Rubio(University of Castilla-La Mancha), PierGianLuca Porta Mana at (Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience), Gaute Einevoll (UiO).
- 9th TSS in 2017 Invited speakers: Rosemary Bailey (St Andrews), David Ginsbourger (Idiap and Univ. of Bern), Jan Terje Kvaløy (Univ. of Stavanger), Magnar Lillegård (SSB) and Claire Miller (Univ. of Glasgow).
- In 2015 the symposium was replaced by a celebration of 50 years of statistics at NTNU! Invited speakers included Ingrid K. Glad, Thiago Martins, Kjell Doksum, Hilde Grude Borgos, Jo Røislien.
- 7th TSS in 2014 Invited speakers: Kjersti Aas, Cajo ter Braak, Chris Jones, Kjetil Røysland and Simon Wilson
- 5th TSS in 2012. Invited speakers: Bård Støve, Peter Jan van Leeuwen, Bob O'Hara, Otso Ovaskainen, Thordis Linda Thorarinsdottir.
- 2nd TSS in 2009. Invited speakers: Simon N. Wood, Reinhard Furrer, Esa Uusipaikka, Arnost Komarek, Øyvind Langsrud.
- 1st TSS in 2008. Invited speakers: Geoff Nicholls, Roger Bivand, Daniel Sorensen, Geir Storvik, Hans J Skaug.