MA8701 General Statistical Methods - Spring 2013
- Goal: to give a broad introduction to basic principles and methods of contemporary statistics. The course will be similar to the one given in spring 2011 and will hence again deviate somewhat from the official course description.
- Prerequisities: TMA4267 Linear statistical models and TMA4295 Statistical inference, or equivalent knowledge. Knowledge corresponding to TMA4300 Computer intensive statistical methods could be helpful.
- 03 May 2013: Final lecture/discussion will be Monday May 13, 12:15-14:00 in room S21 Sentralbygg II
- 16 April 2013: Exam from 2011 is found here.
- 15 April 2013: There will be no lecture on April 30, so final lecture is April 23!
- 09 April 2013: The exam will be May 15. Written, 4 hours (9-13), no aids (just calculator).
- 18 March 2013: There will be no lectures Tuesday 19 March. Instead you may work on the trial exam 2013 which can be downloaded here. The trial exam is not obligatory, but you may submit your answers in my mailbox at Department of Mathematical Sciences, 7th floor, SB II, or at the Department office in the same floor. The submitted answers will be corrected and commented.
- 15 January 2013. Lectures will be Tuesdays 8:15-10:00 and 12:15-14:00 in room S24 in SB2 (second floor of Sentralbygg 2)
- 06 January 2013 Preliminary meeting (to decide on teaching hours) will be 15 January 2013, at 14:15, Room 922 SB II
- 14 December 2012: If you plan to take the course, please send me an email before 14 January. A preliminary meeting will be announced.
- 14 December 2012: Welcome to the course page for MA8701 (which is still under construction!)
- Tuesdays 8:15-10:00 and 12:15-14:00 in S24 (13:15-14:00 usually for exercises)