MA8104 Wavelets, Fall 2013
Tid og sted
- Mandag 9:15-11:00, rom 922 SB2
- Onsdag !4:15-16:00 rom 922 SB2
First lecture: Onsdag 04.09
Our main books:
- A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing, by S.Mallat.
- Foundations of Time-Frequency Analysis, by K.Groechenig
- A First course in wavelets with Fourier analysis, by A.Bogges and F.J.Narcowich
Lecture notes and/or offprints of the corresponding sources will be provided for each lecture.
* Yurii Lyubarskii
- E-post: Yura (at) math.ntnu.no
- Tlf: (735)935 26
- Kontor: rom 954, Sentralbygg II, 9. etasje, Gløshaugen.
|19.08||Information meeting will take place on August, 22, 14:15-15:00,room 922, SB2|
- Haar wavelets
- Multiresolutional analysis
- Orthogonal wavelets
- Image compression, jpeg
- Compactly supported wavelets
- Continuous wavelet transform
- Edge detection
- Uncertainty principle
- Gabor analysis
In case time allows we will discuss application of wavelets to scattering algorithms, sparse representations, and newral networks.
- Week 36: Introduction.
- Week 37: Haar wavelets, multiresolution analysis (Bogges & Narcovich, Ch. 4-5)