MA3201 Rings and modules
- 09.12: Solutions to Fall 2019 final exam posted.
- 22.11: I will have open office hours from 1-2pm on Friday 22.11, from 11-12pm on Monday 25.11, and from 1-2pm on Tuesday 26.11.
- 19.11: I've posted solutions for the PID problem sheet.
- 21.10: For the material in chapters 20 and 21, regarding the decomposition theorem for finitely generated modules over a PID, and Smith Normal Form, Rational Canonical Form, and Jordan Canonical Form, I will more closely follow that of Dummit and Foote "Abstract Algebra" 3rd edition, chapter 12.
- 2.10: Office hours have been moved to 9:15-10am on Monday. If this time does not work for you, please email me to find another time to meet.
- 22.8: Please complete Problem Set 1 prior to class on Tuesday, 27 August. I will ask some of you to present the solutions for Problem Set 1 in class, and we will discuss any questions you may have on the questions.
- 19.8: First lecture will be Tuesday 20 August, at 10:15 in D4-132 Realfagbygget (floor 4).
- Email: peder.thompson at ntnu dot no
- Office: SBII, room 826
- Tuesdays 10:15-12:00, D4-132 Realfagbygget
G012 Gamle elektro
- Wednesdays 10:15-12:00, VA2 Varmeteknisk
- Portions of some of the lectures will be used as problem sessions.
- Mondays 9:15-10:00, and also by appointment (just send me an email to set up a time to meet).
- Authors: P. B. Bhattacharya, S. K. Jain and S. R. Nagpaul
- Title: Basic Abstract Algebra
- Publisher:Cambridge University Press
- Edition: Second Edition
- ISBN: 0-521-46629-6