MA0002 Mathematical Methods B - Spring 2015
- There will be a total of 12 homework assignments throughout the semester, of which at least 8 must be approved for you to take the exam. It is your responsibility to keep track of this. Please contact us if there is a problem (for example, if you are missing 3-4 homework assignments) so that we can find a solution before it is too late.
- Each exercise set will consist of several exercises from the textbooks. However, you are only required to submit the exercises labeled "required" each week, while the rest are just for extra practice. It is strongly recommended that you do as many additional exercises as possible to prepare for the exams.
- Exercise sets must be submitted for approval. You must get at least 50% on an assignment for it to be approved. Submitted exercise sets will be corrected by teaching assistants.
- All students will be assigned to a recitation session. While you are not required to attend, it is highly recommended that you do, as the homework assignments will be reviewed before they are to be submitted. Because of this, there is no reason why you should not be able to get all your homework sets approved.
- Use recitation sessions with teaching assistants wisely! Make sure to try all exercises before attending your session. If there is something you don't understand from the homework, have questions ready to ask your student assistant.
- You may work in groups, but each person must submit their own exercise sets.
- You can check your number of approved exercise sets here.
Submitting homework assignments
Assignments must be submitted for approval. You can submit an assignment either in recitation (if you attend the recitation to which you were assigned), or you can submit assignments in the appropriate boxes in room 370B, in the area called nordre lavblokk. You can reach nordre lavblokk from the third floor of Sentralbygg 2. Exercises will be assigned on Thursdays and will be collected the following Saturday (9 days later). Homework assignments should be submitted by 11:00 a.m. on Saturdays at the latest.
|Set||Due||Chapter||Required Exercises||Suggested Exercises||Solutions|
|1||17.01.2015||7.1||1,5,23,32,43||6-10, 21-30,45-50||Solutions 1|
|8.2||1 (a,c), 2 (a,c), 12, 14||3 (a,c), 4 (a,c), 13, 15-19|
|12||30.04.2015||11.1||19,20,29-31 (just solve the system, don't classify points)||21-26||Solutions 12|