The Scientific Advisory Committee of the ICRA decided at the meeting in Patzcuaro (Mexico), August 17, 2004, to establish the
International Conferences on Representations of Algebras (ICRA) Award
The ICRA Award will be awarded at each session of ICRA for outstanding work by young mathematicians in the field of Representations of Finite Dimensional Algebras. Motivation to create the award builds on the following aims:
- point out contemporary important development in the field,
- encourage research in the field,
- support young algebraists to achieve early scientific recognition,
- stimulate identification of young people with the subject.
The award consists of a certificate containing a citation. The award will be announced at the Opening Ceremony of each session of ICRA and awarded at the banquet of the Conference. If present, the recipient would be expected to give a plenary talk. Award and citation will be published in the Proceedings of ICRA and widely communicated, for example, to the Notices of the AMS and the Newsletter of the London Mathematical Society.
Eligibility: Any young mathematician, not older than 35 years of age (except to allow for a broken career), is eligible for nomination.
Award Committee and Decision: At the preceding session of ICRA the Scientific Advisory Committee will set up an Award Committee, consisting of five people, and chaired by the Chairman of the following session. On the basis of the nominations received, the Award Committee will propose up to two candidates for an award to the Scientific Advisory Committee. For acceptance the proposal must receive at least two third of the votes of the Scientific Advisory Committee.
The ICRA-award for 2020
The Award Committee will consist of:
- Aslak Bakke Buan (chair)
- Xiao-Wu Chen
- Karin Erdmann
- Steffen König
- Jan Trlifaj
Everybody is invited to nominate candidates for the price. The nomination should contain a short (at most 1 page) description of the candidate and her/his work, and should be submitted to the chair of the award committee. Deadline for nomination: June 15 2020.
There have been eleven ICRA Award recipients at previous ICRAs:
- Osamu Iyama (ICRA XII Award, 2007)
- Igor Burban, Steffen Oppermann (ICRA XIII Award, 2008)
- Claire Amiot (ICRA XIV Award, 2010)
- Jan Stovicek (ICRA XV Award, 2012)
- Hiroyuki Minamoto, Dong Yang (ICRA XVI Award, 2014)
- Greg Stevenson, Qiu Yu (ICRA XVII Award, 2016)
- Gustavo Jasso Ahuja, Julian Külshammer (ICRA XVIII Award, 2018)