Installing LaTeX and the NTNU templates on a centrally managed computer
This article explains how to install LaTeX along with the department's LaTeX templates.
Step 1 of 2: Install software
- Open Software Center from the shortcut on your dekstop.
- Find Git, TexnicCenter, and MikTeX, and install them.
- MikTeX can take a while (around 30 minutes).
- If you don't find these programs in Software Center, please make a note of your computer name (NTNUxxxxx, usually found on the lid of your laptop) and email drift [at] math [dot] ntnu [dot] no.
Step 2 of 2: Install the LaTeX templates
- Copy the folder
C:\on your computer.
- Go to
- After MikTeX is done installing, open MikTeX Console from the Start-menu.
- Click Stay in MiKTeX user mode.
- Click Settings.
- Click Directories, click the blue plus, and find C:\localtexmf.
- Click Select Folder.
- Select from the Tasks menu, first Refresh file name database.
- To verify that the templates have been installed correctly, you may try to compile the exam template