Add a hand-written signature to a PDF file
This page describes how to add your hand-written signature to a PDF file.
To sign Word files or other kinds of documents, first convert the file to a PDF file.
- Step 1: Open the PDF file in Acrobat Reader
- Step 2: Follow the instructions on https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/using/fill-and-sign.html, see the paragraph Sign or Initial your form.
- Step 1: Sign your name on a blank sheet of paper.
- Step 2: Add your signature to the Preview app by holding the sheet with your signature in front of your Mac's camera. Follow the instructions on https://support.apple.com/guide/preview/fill-out-and-sign-pdf-forms-prvw35725/mac, see the paragraph Create and use signatures.
- Step 1: Open the PDF file in Xournal.
- Step 2: Follow the instructions on http://xournal.sourceforge.net/manual.html. You can either:
- Use the Draw tool to write on top of the PDF file, or
- If you have an image file containing your signature: Use the Image tool to add the image file to the PDF.